The Swedish diet, recently we have begun to hear too much. Practitioners of this diet, lose between 2 to 7 pounds in a week. Is the Swedish diet really healthy?
What is the Swedish diet?
Let’s see what is the Swedish diet before learning how is it done. The Swedish diet is a type of diet recommended by the American Heart Foundation to individuals who need immediate weight loss.
The Swedish diet for 13 days is said to be difficult but quite effective.
How is the Swedish diet done?
The Swedish diet has some important rules. These rules can be listed as follows;
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks should not be consumed except on days not specified in the diet list
- Swedish diet should be applied for a maximum of 13 days
- Should not be left at least 6 days after starting the diet
- Once the Swedish diet is complete, it should not be administered for a minimum of 3 months.
- You can relocate lunch and dinner on the diet list
- Green salad on the diet list should be consumed with lemon and olive oil
2-day sample Swedish diet list
Morning: 1 cup of coffee and 1 sugar cubes
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs (must be solid), 1 tomato and 1 portion of boiled spinach
Dinner: 200 grams of steak (grilled or baked), one serving of green salad
Morning: 1 cup of coffee, 1 slice of toast
Lunch: a bowl of yogurt, 1 slice of salami
Dinner: 200 grams of steak (grilled or baked), green salad, 1 serving of fruit
Although the Swedish diet is successful to lose weight in a short time, such shock diets are not recommended by experts. Swedish diet and shock diets like this can cause long-term harm to the body. During the Swedish diet, the metabolism is accelerating and this can disrupt the balance of the body.
Instead of applying these types of diets, you should seek help from an expert. It is best to lose slow but long-term weight with the diet list written by the expert.
Latest posts by Carla Rodrigues (see all)
- If you start your day with these 5 nutrients you can lose weight more easily - November 26, 2019
- 6 broccoli recipes to help you make peace with broccoli - November 26, 2019
- Can you lose weight by eating fat? - November 19, 2019