Exotic fruits, different vegetables and plants from distant countries are increasingly taking place in our tables. The buckwheat, which is one of the leading ones, serves as a real health store with its rich components. Here’s the unknown benefits of buckwheat.
Is buckwheat a legume or a plant?
Buckwheat is the seeds of a plant known as grechka. It grows mostly in arid and cool climates. Buckwheat is very rich in mineral; magnesium, iron and phosphate. Since it does not have gluten in its structure, it is a food that celiac patients can easily prefer. Although the name buckwheat itself is a plant. The taste is more similar to nuts than pulses. The nearest taste is bulgur, but black wheat has a more aromatic taste.
Nutritional values of buckwheat
Buckwheat content is 13-15% protein. Compared to other vegetable products, the protein level is very high. Therefore, it can be consumed very often by vegan people. The oil content is approximately 2%. Black wheat, which contains 75% complex carbohydrate, contains high percentage of fiber. In this way, it provides both a healthy nutritional alternative and keeps it full for a long time, it is also a good source of fiber for those who have constipation problems.
What are the benefits of buckwheat?
- Thanks to the vitamin P1 it contains, it has a cholesterol reducing effect.
- Prevents high blood pressure by providing flexibility and strength to the vessels.
- Since it does not contain gluten, it is a bowel-friendly food and it regulates the digestive system because it is pulp and fibrous.
- The content; Thanks to magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and iron, it is very useful for high blood pressure, anemia and heart patients.
- Keeps you full for a long time.
- Thanks to its components and antioxidants, it is preventive against diseases such as colon, breast cancer.
- Thanks to vitamins B1, B3, B5 and B9 in buckwheat, it provides healthy skin and strong hair.
- Helps reduce liver fat through choline component
- Once boiled, you can mix it with salads.
- Instead of bulgur or rice you can use your stuffing.