The Pitaya fruit is slowly becoming recognized in most countries. This fruit contains many features and has many names, such as PITAYA or PITHAYA, Dragon fruit. What you need to know about the PITAYA fruit, whose appearance is quite cute, is quite different.
Image Source : Pixabay
What is PITAYA fruit?
Let’s get to know this fruit better before moving on to what you need to know about the dragon fruit. It is also known as dragon fruit, pitaya, pithaya, strawberry pear and cactus fruit. This fruit is homeland Vietnam, Mexico, South and Central America, Malaysia, Indonesia is quite common in countries such as. Dragon fruit is a period of time began to be produced in Turkey.
What you need to know about Dragon fruit
- Dragon fruit is rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. The fruit, including vitamins C and B, also contains polyunsaturated fatty acids such as omega 3 and omega 6.
- It strengthens the immune system with plenty of vitamin C in it. It protects the body from diseases.
- It supports bone development with high calcium content.
- The dragon fruit, which has the ability to lower blood pressure, prevents the risk of high blood pressure.
- This fruit containing lycopene reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- The calorie of the dragon fruit is almost nonexistent and fibrous. With these features can be easily included in the diet list and helps to lose weight.
- Cures skin dryness.
- It protects the eye health thanks to its potassium content.
How is dragon fruit consumed?
After peeling the dragon fruit, you can eat as you wish. You should consume the fruit without removing the black seeds, just like kiwi. On the other hand, you can include this fruit in your salads and use it to decorate your desserts.