Did you know that lemon peels can be as useful as lemon juice? Vitamin C, especially the most useful in terms of health-containing components of the lemon juice is often squeezing and shelling. You can addlemon peels in your tea or grated salads and cookies.
Cases of limited use of lemon peel
- Lemon juice lowers blood pressure, people with low blood pressure or taking blood pressure medication should not consume without consulting a doctor.
- If your calcium level is low, if you have calcium oxalate stones in your kidneys or in the past, you should consult your doctor.
What are the benefits of Lemon Peels
- Lemon peel Strengthens the gums
Lemon peel prevents the formation of scurvy, a type of bleeding gum disease that develops due to vitamin C deficiency. Thanks to vitamin C in lemon and peel, scurvy does not occur.
- Lemon peels Reduces liver fat
Lemon peel contains pectin, essential oils and PMF (polymethoxylated flavones) to reduce total cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, liver fats.
- Protects the intestines
Dietary fiber in lemon peel protects intestinal function and intestinal health. In addition, the pectin contained in the lemon peel helps to prevent constipation.
- Prevents cell damage
Thanks to its high antioxidant capacity, it neutralizes free radicals that damage cells. In addition, lemon peel prevents DNA damage thanks to its high vitamin C capacity, which has antioxidant properties.
- Reduces cancer risk
Lemon peel helps to fight cancer cells with limonene and salvestrol Q10. A study in Australia reveals that it reduces the risk of oral, throat and stomach cancer by 40-50.
- Vascular protection
Lemon peels protects the vascular structure and reduces the risk of clotting because of the hesperidin and naringin it includes. High vitamin C reduces coronary artery disease risk.
- Destroys Toxins
The toxins accumulated in our bodies not only weaken us, but also make us dependent on hard drinks and harmful foods. The components in the lemon peel ensure the elimination of these toxic factors.
- Fights Skin Problems
Lemon peels helps prevent skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, pigmentation and black spots. Free radicals play a major role in this process and antioxidants in the shell fight these radicals and detoxify the skin.
- It contains calcium and vitamins to prevent bone diseases.
- Fights against cancer.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Relieves knee and joint pain.
- Balances the pH in the blood.